St. Joseph's Shrine - Kirche
A magnificent Victorian Gothic edifice completed in 1873 and noted as of national architectural significance, St. Joseph Shrine is a landmark center of Catholic faith, culture, and community in Detroit’s historic Eastern Market district. Since October 2016, the Canons of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest have served and led the local faithful by bringing daily Traditional Latin Masses, regular devotions, liturgical instruction, and an active parish life. As a result, the parish community at St. Joseph Shrine continues to grow enriching both young and old, individuals and families from all backgrounds and neighborhoods.
In July 2013, the Archdiocese of Detroit merged St. Joseph with two nearby parishes. Then in October 2016, St. Joseph became its own parish under the spiritual and pastoral care of the Institute of Christ the King. On March 8, 2020, St. Joseph was raised to the status of an Archdiocesan Shrine.