LOMBARDI MARCO, M.D., F.A.C.S.
CLINICAL INTERESTS / SPECIAL SKILLS
- General Surgery: laparoscopic technique, video laparoscopic cholecystectomy, video laparoscopic appendectomy, laparoscopic colectomy, laparoscopic hernia via the transabdominal pre-peritoneal (TAPP) approach and post-op ventral hernia repair;
- Proctology Field: mini-invasive treatment of mucosal hemorrhoidal prolapse;
- Endocrine Surgery: minimally invasive approach to thyroidectomy within the spectrum of thyroid gland diseases
- 1995-2016 Ospedale CTO, General Surgery Department, Rome, Italy
Chief Surgeon and Head of the Surgical and Endoscopic Department;
- 2001-present, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Surgical Consultant, Endoscopic procedures in Day Surgery for PEG placement;
- 1988-1995 Ospedale CTO, General Surgery Department, Rome, Italy
- 1980 – 1987 Ospedale CTO, General Surgery Department, Rome, Italy
Full-time Attending Physician-Surgeon;
- 1977 – 1979 Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
- 1976 – 1977 Residency
- Istituto Regina Elena (experimental research on the use hyperthermia by extracorporeal circulation for the treatment of limb tumors);
- Italian Ministry of Health (colon cancer research).
- 1992-1997 USL 6, Nursing School, Rome, Italy
Professor of Surgical Pathology;
- 1993-2000 ACOI (Association of Italian Hospital Surgeons) - Special School of laparoscopic surgery, FBF Hospital, Milan, Italy
Associated Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery;
- 1997-2008 Università di Roma "Tor Vergata" – Special School of Emergency and General Surgery
Professor of Laparoscopic Surgery and Emergency Surgery;
- 1997 – present Università di Roma "Tor Vergata" – Nursing School
Professor of Surgery.
- 1992-2008 – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York-NY, USA
Yearly Visiting Professor for updating professional development;
- Publications: author or co-author of numerous publications (list available upon request);
- Conventions: speaker at numerous national and international medical conventions.
- 1988 - Università di Roma "La Sapienza" – School of General Surgery
Board Certification in General Surgery;
- 1979 - Università di Roma "La Sapienza
Specialization in "General Surgery";
- 1975 - E.C.F.M.G. Certification
Certification of Medical Education Credentials and Practice in the United Sates;
- 1974 - Columbus-Cabrini Hospital, New York (USA)
4 month scholarship from the Italian-American Medical Foundation;
- 1974 - Università di Roma "La Sapienza"
Doctor of Medicine degree (Laurea in Medicina e Chirurgia);
• 1968 - German High School in Rome, Italy
Scientific High School Diploma (Maturità Scientifica) in San Gallo (CH).
- Società Italiana di Chirurgia (SIC);
- Associazione Italiana Chirurghi Ospedalieri (ACOI);
- Società Italiana di Chirurgia Endoscopica(SICE);
- American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.);
- SLS (Society of LaparoEndoscopic Surgeons).
- Bilingual in German and fluent in English.
- Degree of Music in Transverse Flute
- Member of a baroque music choir.